Turkish citizenship is considered one of the most important nationalities in the world, and in the recent period, the demand for it has increased significantly, especially by real estate investors, and after the Turkish government provided them with many advantages.
Learn with us in this article on some aspects that interest you about that nationality, an enjoyable read.
In the past decade, Turkey has become one of the most attractive countries in the world for foreign investors and the country offers a number of benefits to investors, including a young and educated workforce, a growing economy and political stability.
In addition, Turkey has concluded a number of free trade agreements with countries around the world, making it an ideal location for companies looking to export their products.
One of the most important benefits of investing in Turkey is the possibility of obtaining Turkish citizenship as that citizenship offers a number of advantages, including the right to live and work in Turkey indefinitely, access to free health care and education, and visa-free travel to nearly 100 countries and more. Some of them do not require a visa, some of them grant the holder an automatic visa at the moment of arrival, and there are a few countries that grant them an electronic visa.
It is natural to ask about the mechanism of obtaining Turkish citizenship, is it complicated and needs a lot of time, or will it be easy and not need much? What about the cost of obtaining it?
View through the following paragraphs the most important ways to apply for citizenship:
The Turkish government offers foreign investors the opportunity to obtain Turkish citizenship in return for investing in real estate worth at least $ 400,000. This program was launched in June 2022 and is considered a way to attract foreign investment and help boost the Turkish economy.
There are several requirements that must be met in order to be eligible for this program.
First, the applicant must purchase a property worth at least $400,000 and the property can be residential or commercial, but it must be located in Turkey.
Second, the applicant must hold the property for at least three years.
Third, the applicant must have a clean criminal record and not pose a threat to national security.
Fourth, the applicant must have health insurance covering them in Turkey.
Fifth: You must make sure that the property has not been used previously in order to obtain citizenship.
Sixth: The property must be purchased from the seller of Turkey, whether it is an individual or a construction company.
Applying for Turkish citizenship through this program is a two-step process.
First, the applicant must submit all the required documents to the concerned authority and once the application is approved by the Ministry, the applicant must wait for a period that may extend for months, but what must be said in this regard is that citizenship through real estate is the shortest way to it.
The Turkish government offers citizenship to foreign investors who make a business investment in the country and there are several ways to qualify for this program, but one of the most popular is to invest in stocks or bonds worth at least $500,000.
The Turkish government has announced a new citizenship program that grants Turkish citizenship to foreign citizens who make a bank deposit of $500,000 but no part of the amount must be withdrawn before three years have passed.
Foreigners who have acquired Turkish citizenship through this program will be granted all the rights and privileges of Turkish citizens, including the right to live and work in Turkey, and to travel freely within the Schengen area.
Turkish citizenship can be obtained by marrying a Turkish citizen, but there are some requirements that must be met.
First, the spouses must have been married for at least three years until it is confirmed that it is real and not only for citizenship and secondly, the spouses must live together in Turkey and finally, the spouse must pass the Turkish language test and show proof of income.
The following documents are required in order to apply for Turkish citizenship:
- A completed and signed Turkish citizenship application form.
- Passport or travel document.
- Two passport size photos.
- Proof of identity (such as a birth certificate, national identity card or residence permit).
- Proof of Turkish origin (if applicable).
- Proof of residence in Turkey (such as a rental agreement, utility bill or residence permit) These are just some of the documents that may be required as part of the citizenship application process.
- The application process can be very complicated and time consuming and secondly, the requirements for obtaining Turkish citizenship are very strict. For example, applicants must have lived in Turkey for at least five years and must be able to speak Turkish fluently.
- Moreover, the Turkish government is known to reject citizenship applications without giving any specific reason and this can be very frustrating for those who fulfilled all the requirements but did not get citizenship.
- There is also a lot of paperwork involved in this process, and it can be easy to make a mistake that could delay your application or even cause it to be rejected.
- Another problem is that the Turkish government is known to change citizenship requirements, which can make it difficult to keep up with the latest rules.
Finally, if you are seeking to obtain Turkish citizenship through investment, do not hesitate to seek help from all those in charge of Tammam Lama Real Estate and its advisors.
- We have intimate knowledge of the real estate market in Istanbul and can help you find the perfect property that suit your needs and budget.
- We offer a full range of services, from helping you find the right property to managing the purchase process and even providing post-purchase support.
- We have helped hundreds of clients find suitable properties to obtain Turkish citizenship and real estate residence in Turkey.
- We have a wide range of the finest villas for sale in Istanbul.
- We make the process of buying an apartment in Turkey easy and convenient, and we take care of all procedures
For more information regarding the issue of Turkish citizenship or other aspects of the real estate sector in Turkey, follow our website, which includes adequate answers to your many questions.